Find Out Which One Is Your Sunscreen Soulmate
With climate change getting worse by the minute, experts advise to use sunscreen lotions to protect the skin from the harmful UV rays. But you might have heard from health gurus claiming that sunblock lotions have toxic chemicals like retinyl palmitate and oxybenzone, which could potentially increase the risk of skin cancer.
Such claims were refuted by scientists and those in the dermatologic community. They found out that the chemicals were tested on rats, making them consume at 1,500 milligrams per kilogram of their body weight. This means that the rats were given more than enough dosage to kill them, which makes the claim that sunscreen lotions can cause more harm than good to be untrue.
Now, the question that begs to be answered is: which sunscreen lotion works best for you?
Palmer’s Moisturizing Sunscreen Balm SPF 15
– it helps prevent ashy skin, thanks to its rich formula made of shea and cocoa butter mixture. When you scoop it out from the tub, you can feel it melting into a shimmery salve in your fingers.
– this light, milky serum absorbs deep into your skin, making it feel like you’re not wearing it. It’s packed with vitamins C and E to help keep your skin supple while you’re protected from the heat of the sun.
L’Oreal Advanced Suncare Clear Cool Lotion SPF 30
– it’s the perfect sunblock product to use when it’s really hot outside. It’s clear and non-sticky despite it being made of gel, which melts into your skin. With a dose of menthol mixed in the lotion, you’ll feel cool as the wind after applying it.
Biologique Rechere Protection UV SPF 30+
– it’s a bit thicker and more hydrating, but it still feels soft and smooth on your skin. This is because the yellow fluid is absorbed by your skin more quickly but without leaving a sallow cast. It also packs enough moisture, making it ideal for normal to dry skin.
MD Solar Sciences Quick Dry Body Spray SPF 40
– this lotion stays true to its name because it only takes a few seconds before it dries on your skin. It’s a non-greasy product, which means that it’s the perfect sunblock to apply if you’re always in a hurry in the morning.