Dec 20, 2014
DIY Beauty Treatments – Instant Spa at Home
When you can’t go to the spa for some pampering because you’re too busy or you’re cutting on your expenses, don’t fret. Here are do-it-yourself beauty treatments you can easily do at home for some instant spa day.
- Olive Oil and Brown Sugar – when mixed together, creates an effective body scrub without the unwanted chemicals.
- Sugar, Cacao Powder and Honey – combine these three to make a lip exfoliant. Leave on for 10 minutes and scrub off.
- Citrus – take any citrus fruit, be it lime, orange or lemon, cut it in half and then rub it on areas that need exfoliation and moisture.
- Rose Petals – when boiled together with witch hazel and clean water, rose petals make a fragrant skin toner.
- Mint leaves and cucumber – blend or mash together equal parts of mint and cucumber, and then apply the mush under your eyes to get rid of dark circles and puffy eyes.
- Cornstarch and Egg White – mix them together to create a foam mask, which tightens pores and moisturizes skin.
- Strawberries and Baking Soda – they’re really great for removing stains and whitening teeth. Include strawberries in your daily diet, or pair it up with baking soda by mashing it into a paste for brushing teeth.
- Toothpaste – put on pimples overnight to heal pimples and prevent scars.
- Apple Cider – use it as after-shampoo and rinse well for a shinier hair. You can also mix it with white tea and use as toner for acne treatment.
- Vaseline – rub it along the hairline, forehead and ears to prevent hair dye from staining your skin. Also apply on skin before perfume to make the scent last longer.
- Coconut Cream and Citrus Juice – for soft hair and clean scalp, warm a cup of coconut cream together with a tablespoon of citrus juice, and then massage onto hair. Leave hair un-rinsed with cap on for 10 minutes, and rinse well.
- Coconut Oil, Sugar and Lemon – create a natural body scrub with these three ingredients
- Avocado and Milk – mash half of an avocado and combine with a little milk to create a natural moisturizing and hydrating facial mask.
- Avocado and Olive Oil – do want to have healthy hair without any chemicals? Mix avocado and olive oil together to create a homemade shampoo.
- Green tea – freeze tea bags and then put on eyelids for several minutes to relieve tired and puffy eyes.